Re: couple of questions

Paul writes:

> please forgive my ignorance.  I seem to recall seeing
>  some decapsulated brine shrimp eggs at a LFS once.  If
>  memory serves, they were were in a glass vial packed
>  in some kind of liquid.  I did not pay much attention
>  to them.  Are dry ones availible?  Perhaps what I saw
>  was not decapsulated brine shrimp eggs at all.  If
>  indeed they are sold wet, how does one use an
>  automatic
>  feeder to put them in the tank without the eggs
>  spoiling or the liquid they are packed in polluting
>  the
>  water.

I've never seen them wet.  They are such a fine powder, they can flow like a
liquid.  If you can find someone selling the cheap ones on the web willing to
ship overnight, you can save a bundle.  The ones usually sold at LFSs are
still "live" and intended for hatching.  This doesn't mean you can't feed
them as is, but they are handled differently, and that makes them more
spendy.  You should be able to find 500g of the dead ones for about the price
of 200g of the regular eggs with the shells still on.

Bob