Re: I.D. Help

Tom,

I can't see the caudal very well, but it's either A. pertensis or more likely A. cf. meinkeni - probably from either the Rio Tefé or upper Solomões if it came in with A. bitaeniata.

Mike Wise

Fi205sh@aol.com wrote:

I picked up a group of Apisto's 2 months ago that came into a lfs as A. bitaeniata... The male has a slight red edge to the soft dorsal and a red edge to the tail and red tips to extremely long ventrals that reach past the anal fin. I found a
picture that looks like the male in breeding dress on a Japanese site but can't find the name. It's the center picture on the nine picture block at the top of: http://www.ca.sakura.ne.jp/~adh/index.html. What is it? Thanks in advance,

Tom Wojtech