Re: egg transferring

> If eggs come in contact with air they will die and fungus...True or False?

   I just wanted to underscore the importance of using a substantial amount of water from the breeding tank in the hatching tank.  Without this precaution there is a good chance that the fry will be unable to swim properly and will remain on the bottom until they die off.   I have made the mistake of transferring eggs too cavalierly and had this problem.

  I would say the most important thing in transferring eggs is to avoid the shock of a change in water conditions.

   Good luck.

  Matt Diller