Re: Spawning Rams

>Hey, Kathy!  Have you ever tried one of those arthroscopic scopes for
viewing 'into' spawning caves.  It would be interesting to see if the
technology would work under those conditions and be unobtrusive to the fish.
If you were to premount one in a ceramic or terra cotta cave, I'm sure the
fish would aclimate to it easily (beginning to sound like Nat. Geographic
<s>)
>Bill Vannerson
>McHenry, IL

Bill, the easiest thing to use for this would be an intra-oral camera.  They
have a small wand with a fiber-optic system.  They'll magnify the image by
40.  Kind of devastating if you point it into an extremely decayed tooth,
but probably interesting when it's the eggs of an apisto.  The prices are a
little outrageous though.  $20,000 Canadian for a good one.  I passed.  My
patients were relieved. :)

G. Kadar