Re: Mike's pics

Just because a fish has an orange pectoral spot doesn't mean that it belongs to
the eunotus-complex. The orange pectoral spot is not unique to eunotus-complex
species. Many other species not in the complex have the same feature. It is only
one in a combination of physical features that differentiates the eunotus-complex
species from other closely related species. My article in the Apisto-gram
describes the differences. Besides, the macmasteri-group is closely related to
the eunotus-complex and probably arose from it. They share many similar features.

Mike Wise