Aequidens Awani

Hello All
I know this one isn't appropriate for the Apisto list, but maybe someone
can help me.   This spring I bought a dozen fry of Aequidens Awani. In
all my efforts to find out more info on these guys i come up with
nothing.   I know I've heard the name before but don't recall where or
when. Does anyone know anything about the validity of the species or is
it another name or trade name for a different species.   They are a Port
Type fish and very nice.   Any help would be appreciated.    Thanks

John Wubbolt