Re: ram eggs

K & D Martin wrote:

> I cannot get my microgeophagus altispinossas to breed for nothing.  ....
> Problem is probably too many bottom dwellers.  Lots of kribs, got a pair
> that just WON"T STOP breeding, ... tetras and 3 biotodoma cupidos. ...  My
> tank is a 75 gallon filled with rocks, crevices, pots, numerous bushy plants
> and the fish are not large, mainly kribs, 4 tetras, biot. cupidos, micro.
> altispinossa, one large pleco.   Its busy, but not overcrowded.

I agree, it's not overcrowded for a community tank, but way to crowded for a
breeding tank. You have to decide; do you want to breed them or just keep them.
Both are honorable preoccupations but are often not compatible with each other. I
know it's probably impractical, but remove all the other cichlids and I'd bet
your M. altispinosus will breed for you.

Mike Wise