Re: spawning?

Andrew & Dr. Kadar are correct for the most part, but things are changing albeit
slowly. Dr. Uwe Römer has started such underwater studies over the past 4 years
or so in the upper Rio Negro. There's a great photo of him doing just this in his
new book. Crazy yes - he has the parasite removal bills to prove it - but has a
wife & 2 kids, the right job, but not the budget he'd like to have (Do any of
us??). Fortunately for Uwe, he picked the Rio Negro. Its black waters don't
support the populations of mosquitos that clear and white water streams do. Check
out all the data that he includes in his new book.

Mike Wise