Re: The stand

Francine,

Don't pull up the carpet!! You won't see the joists, just the floor boards. Your
house probably has nice oak floorboards (mine are pine) with a subfloor under it
(mine doesn't - squeak, creak). The joists are the vertically placed boards
underneath these two. To see them you have to either check from below (through
the downstairs ceiling) or tear up the flooring & subflooring. Neither is a good
idea. Joists usually run parallel to the width of the house not the length (in
relation to which ever direction is longest). I don't think you have anything to
worry about, considering the number and sizes of tanks you have. But look who's
talking. I only have a 30 gallon long on a wrought iron frame upstairs. All my
others are on cinder blocks & 4x4s. Still, your refrigerator puts more stress on
your floor than any of your tanks (Ever looked at those little button feet they
have?)

Mike Wise