Oscar sick

My albino oscar developed a swell on the side abdomen. The swell is
about1.5" in diameter and 0.25" high. It appeared laste tuesday (7,
september). On saturday the fish appeared to be dying, but today he started
to eat again. He is about 6 years old.
Anybody knows what it can be? and how can I treat him?
He is "married" for 4 years with an wild female that was caught in south
Pantanal in June 1994, and the pair have given me some thousands of babies
through these years (half of them albinos).
Thanks for any advice,
Zeco