Re: Peat and Substrate for growout tanks

Yes, I am in Burnaby- the peat is for my pair of nijsenni which haven't produced yet (together for six months). I was asking about the bare vs tanks with substrate, because I seem to have had trouble with ammonia buildup in bare tanks.

Cory
----- Original Message -----
Sent: September 14, 1999 9:36 PM
Subject: Re: Peat and Substrate for growout tanks

Cory,if I remember right you are in Burnaby,I am in Poco so the water shouldnt be that much different.When I use peat I put 2 or 3 hand fulls in a old nylon and hang it in the tank.It will usually last about 2 weeks.The ph will slowlly start to rise after this.For substrate in grow out tanks I use a thin layer of sand,but bare tanks work good too,easy to keep clean.If you dont mind me asking,what are you going to raise that needs peat?
Vern