A. sp (red-wedged) fry tank question

I posted an earlier question about serpae tetras in a ten gallon tank
with a pair of A. sp. rotkeil (sam as uaupesi?). For now the serpai
tetras appear to pose no threat, as the female Apisto herds the fry near
the bottom rear and midle of the tank, and both the mom and pop Apisot
keep the tetras in a tight shoal near the top front of the tank.
However, I still am curious whether folks feel the tetras will pose a
future threat.

My next question has to do with water changes. I normally change about
40% of the water in the tank once a week. It is fairly heavily planted
and heavily filtered with two power filters (a smallish Penguin bio
wheel and a small Aquaclear); both have sponge over the intakes... so
needn't worry about youngins' being sucked up.  Should I keep to this
water change regimen or should I do more frequent, smaller water changes
(say 10% every two or so days)? I sure would appreciate any advice. I do
not have a seperate grow-out tank for the fry.

Thanks.

-Dan