Re: Test kits

In a message dated 10/9/1999 6:44:00 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
fireman@shaysnet.com writes:

> Ok.  I have been keeping dwarfs and apistos for some time now.  My test
>  kit, however, cannot tell me much about the ph, as it goes from 5.0 to
>  6.0.  Frustrating, as all this tells me is that my water is under 6.0.
>  I need a good reliable way to tell what the ph is, so that I can keep
>  the water stable.
>     So the question is:  What do you use for test kits?

Below 6.0, the best test is a meter.  Of you can't find one through a fish
shop or on-line that you like, try talking to your local pharmacist.  They
use very nice ones that you place a drop of water on the sensor.  They run
less than a C-note and last a long time.

Bob Dixon