Re: Increasing RO production.

>>about 50 feet of high pressure turbing from the spigot to the RO unit - coil the 50 ft. length into the bucket of warm water. Voila - a heat exchanger.<<

Nifty idea, although I don't have an RO unit.  But you suggestion reminded me of a similar contraption.  Homebrewers use copper coils with cold water running through them to cool the sweet wort before pitching in the yeast (hot sweet wort will kill the yeast).  The coil isn't 50', more likely 10' to 15'.  But the copper tubing may be more conductive than polypropaline or plastic tubing.

BTW, I don't have one of these coils (yet).  I sit my fermentor in a bath of ice water in the sink until the temp comes down.

Bill Vannerson
McHenry, IL
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/william_vannerson