Re: Dwarf cichlid question

Walter,

I doubt that the Rams would breed in the same tank with A. cacatuoides unless it
was very, very large > 8 feet long. Males of highly polygamous species like A.
cacatuoides have been reported to defend tanks over 2 meters long. Rams really
don't like a lot of disturbances when breeding or they will eat their eggs/fry.
Being smaller than male cacatuoides, and much less aggressive they wouldn't do
very well and definitely be out competed in every way. I'd try A. cacatuoides
with a dwarf Laetacara or maybe Bolivian Rams.

Mike Wise