Re: A. sp. Rotkeil & A. sp. Miua

I have been following this thread with great interest, especially since
I had a pair of A. sp. rotkeil breed several weeks ago ( I had posted
here about the male having been trashed by the female... fry are doing
well still, knock wood). My reading that they were the same as the
A.uaupesi thus confirmed. Thanks, Mike. Indeed the last description of
A. miua was a delight for a newcomer like me. I enjoyed reading it with
the Aqualog book in hand (w/ only some success because some of the
species you referred to are not contained therein). I have two
questions, if anyone can bear dealing with my being such a neophyte.
First, have there been photographic supplements to the Aqualog book, and
if so, how does one get them? I find it a useful atlas. Second, in
species naming, what do sp. and cf. refer to? I have inferred that sp.
refers to species that have not been taxonomically classified and thus
are given a "decriptive" or geographical source name for the time being.
Is this correct?  Does cf. refer to something like" complex-form"
meaning that the species is similar to others in the complex group? I am
sorry if these taxonomic questions are too basic, and would be happy for
a reference in which I could read up on it. I do have Linke and Staeck.

Thanks,
Dan