Re: Nannochromis tranvestitus

Dave
What prompted the remark about believing what you see online?   Was it
Bob's comment about not breeding a deformed female or what? Kind of
curious about your thinking.   I thought that was actually good sound
advice.  I would never use a deformed fish as a breeder unless it was an
extremely rare fish and that was all that was possibly available for
eons.   I've sent several fish to the community tank or to larger
cichlid tanks that were deformed over the past 10 years to live out
there lives or be eaten by the big boys.   Never had a problem doing
that in my mind.   I actually grew out to adult old age a male
cacatuoide double red that had awesome colors but looked like a big red
balloon belly Cacatuoides.  Never once thought of using him as a
potential breeder even with his great colors.  I didn't have the heart
to feed him to the Oscars because he had such intense colors.   Wish
some of his brothers had his great color.   He lived to almost 3 years
old before retiring to the great fish school in the sky.

John Wubbolt