Re: Laetacara thayeri

 tsuh yang chen wrote:

> so where in so. america are they from?
> now if i could just get my panduro and Rotpunkt to breed...
> tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA

They're found along the main artery or the Amazon, from Central Peru to
about Rio Trombetas, Brazil in both white and black water.  A friend of mine
(Wanda Jacobson) spawned them - she lives near Palm Springs, California and
in the desert summer, the outside temps get a toasty 115°F and her fish room
stays near 90°F for a couple of months.  This is when she had her spawns.  I
dont know if temperature is that critical.  What was your tank temp.?

Vinny