contest basics

Limits:  Will the competition be limited to freshwater planted tanks?

Endorsement:  We've referred to this a an AGA contest, with lots of
references to AGA membership, ownership and so on.  Has AGA made any
actual move to endorsing a contest?  This contest?  Maybe that should be
resolved.

Name:  Folks on the APD seem to be a little ambivalent about whether this
should be a contest or a showcase.  I feel rather strongly that
competition is important but I think that the competitive aspects can be
downplayed without losing their value.  For starters, maybe we can use a
name that doesn't stress the competition.  Something like

The Aquatic Gardeners Association [or The Krib's] On-line Aquascaping
Festival

Judging:  Depending on how many entries there are, maybe there should be
two rounds, with the first round judged by a panel of judges using a
scoring system and the final round judged by an on-line vote.
Alternatively, the second round could be judged by the same panel, with
the result of a popular vote serving as a vote on the panel.

Promotion:  I'd like to see the contest promoted beyond the limits of AGA
and APD.  I'm assuming that AGA journal will be printed at an early enough
date that it will promote the contest.  Posters in LFS's might also be
useful promotion.  Perhaps someone could draft one up and make it
available so that it could be downloaded and printed by APD members in
their own home towns.  Once we settle on a submission form perhaps Erik
can put an example submission (complete, with photos) on The Krib or on
the AGA site.

Roger