Re: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #117

The name:
James says:
>I like the "AGA International Aquascaping Competition". Would "AGA
>International Millenium Aquascaping Competition" or "IMAC" or "AGA-IMAC" be
>too long???

As a Mac user and one who would love to get hold of an IMAC... I'm all for
it. "IMAC therefore I am!" :)

Robert says:
>Speaking of children, should we consider a separate classification for
>children?

My opinion... let's go easy on the "children". Not many kids (if any) have
the wherewithall or attention span to set up and maintain a "real" planted
tank even assuming their parents provided all the money. I say that knowing
a couple myself. It's "their" tank but in reality it's their parents who
look after it. A fish tank with a few plants in it (that are constantly
dying and being replaced) should not qualify. I object to children getting
a special category in contests when it's almost impossible to know if the
child really did the work. Planted tanks are not within a child's
scope...heck they can't even remember to clean out the rabbit cage or walk
the dog. You really think a kid is going to set-up a tank, get plants, make
up a pleasing planting arrangement, do all the water/lighting/fertilizer
stuff and regularly maintain it??? Aw... come on.

 Nope... everyone is equal age-wize. No children category. But perhaps we
could have children submit a crayon drawing of a planted tank. NOT!
Absolutely just kidding folks.

Olga
being a curmudgen in Vancouver