Re: Adjenda Setting

Julius writes:
> As far as sizes, I would say that 640*480 would be the maximum
> allowable size. Obviously everyone should use this size but some
> images might be slightly smaller to allow for cropping of images.

Perhaps I should restate what Karen and James have been saying, which is
that the web is *not* the only end of the contest, but we would also like
to utilize print media such as TAG or a magazine.

In addition, the judges should be able to see some detail.  For a
full-tank shot, 640x480 is (I think) barely passable.  When I use the
digital camera (or shoot video), I have to go in close to individual
plants to get any details.

While we can easily downsample high resolution images to 640x480, the
reverse is not true.  I propose 640x480 should be a suggested MINIMUM for
digital submissions, and there be no maximum.  We'll normalize the size
appropriately for the judges.