Categories

James wrote:>> Snip. Separating small, medium and large aquascapes makes
sense to me because there are major differences in how you can approach a
given tank based upon its size and proportion.
  Small Aquariums (24" long and under)
  Medium Sized Aquariums (48" long and under, over 24" long)
  Large Aquariums (larger than 48" long)<<

Of course, I agree that we should have set categories (not sure that length
is better that volume though). However, how would you handle the following
situation. The contestant has a 110 gallon tank that is 72" long, which puts
it into the large category. However, that contestant only takes photographs
of one end (or the middle) because that is ALL they want entered (Amano
often shows only portions of his tanks). What category should it be in?
Also, will we allow portions of tanks to be entered, or will the tank have
to be considered as a whole?

Woe is me, nothing is ever simple, eh?

Ken Guin
Arlington, VA