Re: Judging

At 01:19 AM 7/15/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I'd *like* to see a panel that consists of(but isn't limited to) perhaps a
>Dutch aquascaper, a Japanese aquascaper, and someone to represent the
>Americas (most likely an AGA member?).

Remember that there is much more of Europe than just Holland too.  There
are a number of very good European aquarists who are not Dutch.

>Now, one person comes to mind to
>plug one of the three holes above, but I don't have a clue as to how to
>contact Mr. Amano.

I suggest, at this point, just throwing out suggestions by name.  How to
contact them can be addressed later.  I know quite a few people personally,
and the AGA has good contact (and relationships) with many more.

>And although I've seen many gorgeous Dutch and American
>aquariums, no one person really stands out in my mind for *aquascaping*.
>But to be truthful, depending on judging guidelines, we may not need to have
>an "aquascaper" to be judge.  If we set out certain guidelines, I really
>think that our list of possible judges will grow enormously.

It is good to start with a good sized list.  Not everyone who is asked will
have the time or willingness to participate.

Karen