paludaria

If we allow paludariums we have to be ready to either a) judge them
against submersed aquariums or b) create a separate category.  I agree
with James that we should not do b) until a need is shown.  I have a hard
time imagining a).

I'd rather not include paludariums, but then maybe someone out there has a
paludarium where the submersed part of the display is carefully
aquascaped.  Also, it's fairly common for people to allow some plants to
grow out of the top of their aquarium.  Does that qualify them as
paludariums?  I don't think so.  It seems silly that the presence of
emersed growth should disqualify a tank.

Perhaps we should just indicate that paludaria can be entered, but judging
will be based only on the submersed part of the display - that is, only on
the _aquascaped_ part of it.  That seems pretty simple.

Roger.