Re: release of actual scores and/or negative comments

Dave Engle asked a _very_ telling question. Do we make the actual "score" of
each entry made public?

On this, I am very concerned about this becoming too "competative" and
people shying away from it because they are afraid of being ridiculed in
public. If someone _wants_ to know their score I think that we should give
it to them (this could be a check box on the entry form), but I don't think
that we should make public the scores for all the enteries. This is NOT a
horse race.

In the same vein, while Judges comments are both valuable to the individual
and to the public as an educational tool, I don't think that negative
comments should be posted publicly. It might mean that we have to edit the
comments before we publish them but so be it - I don't wish to expose
_anyone_ to public humiliation because someone else thought athat their
aquascape was not up to scratch.

Keep it simple, keep it friendly. Actual scores and any scathing remarks can
still be forwarded to the individual person who submitted a particular entry
_if_ they want to receive them. The same applies to the inclusion of a
"Public Input" area on the Web, should we go with one - any submitted
remarks will have to be screened and editied before being posted publicly.