beginer vs. ?

Scaring people off by making it too "artsy" I think is a concern, but we
shouldnt
as a result water it down so much that the contest is nothing more than a photo
gallery. I think this can be achieved by having more general criteria for
judging
without getting into a long list of specific judging points. If the emphasis is
put on the "fun" of entering and sharing, and learning, and people are assured
that their pictures will be posted regardless of if they win or not, I would
think
that would make people feel more secure. We could also have TWO judgings...one
by
appointed judges and one by popular vote....I think this was already proposed
right?

Robert Hudson
San Jose, CA