Re: definition

Erik wrote:

>When I think of aquascaping, it usually means live plants, but in some
>tanks (like Lake Tanganyika biotope), it's a arrangement of
>rockwork and algae that grows on the rocks over time.

Cichlids are EXTREMELY popular in Toronto. Most of the bigger stores devote
easily at _least_ half of the total number of  freshwater tanks to the
various species of Rift Lake Cichlids. And I have seen some magnificent
"aquascapes" in the homes of friends which were composed _entirely_ out of
rocks and the algae  which eventually covers them.

I have also, in the past, kept RLC, and I _know_ how plant unfriendly they
can be. But their behaviour and their colouration is SO striking and
interesting, that I don't question their popularity.

This is, IMHO, a discussion which _should_ have happened right at the start.
Sorry for having failed to recognize that fact. But it is not too late to
decide the issue. I would like _everyone_, especially those who have not
been very vocal up until now, to think about this issue and share their
opinion with the group.

One thing which might be helpful, especially considering the controversey
this might cause within the AGA MC, would be if everyone who voices an
opinion identify whether or not they are an AGA member.

Thanks,

AGA Member