Re: definition

At 02:51 PM 7/17/99 -0500, James wrote:

Re: rift lake and other "non-plant" or "artificial" tanks.

>One thing which might be helpful, especially considering the controversey
>this might cause within the AGA MC, would be if everyone who voices an
>opinion identify whether or not they are an AGA member.

I think every one knows that I am an AGA member.<g>

I don't think there would be any objection among AGA MC members to include
separate categories for tanks with artificial elements or for tanks without
plants.  I'm not sure what the reaction would be if all these were lumped
together.  My PERSONAL opinion is that the judging (if done by people who
are aquarists) will sort this stuff out for us.  I don't really care how
it's decided, as long as a decision is made.  Of course, if you have
non-aquarist judges, specific guidelines become _much_ more important.

Karen