Why I would like to emphasize, but not limit it to, gardens...

I honestly feel that planted aquascapes are going to be the best looking
aquariums submitted.  You have to admit, they're hard to beat!  But, if
somebody has an unplanted tank that looks better than most planted ones,
maybe everybody can learn A LOT from the aquascaping techniques used.  I
really don't think that will happen though.

I just now read Justin(Mr. Snerd)'s last post, and I think he pretty well
sums up my feelings, too!  "4. I would like us, the planted tank aquarists,
to become more cohesive as a
community through the creation and execution of a common goal."  I think
that this may be the best thing that comes out of this showcase/contest.  In
the short time(a year) that I've been participating in the aquatic plant
community(APD/newsgroups, mostly), I've been wondering why there wasn't a
more active organization of all these hobbyists.  Hopefully this will be the
catalyst that brings our hobby into its prime.

Dave Engle
Escondido (San Diego) California
Non AGA Member