Re: Justin, Jose, Dave E., Olga & Erik - common goals II

I thought I would combine my responses into one message.

Justin - I agree with _everything_ you said in your message, and thank's for
the vote of confidence. I don't expect people to always agree with me or
with my views, only that we both be flexible enough to seek a common ground
we can both feel comfortable with. B.T.W., you write well...

Jose - Thanks for the clarification Jose. I share your hope that this can
ultimately be a "simple" event - but I recognize that sometimes in order to
reach simplicity you have to be willing to deal with a bit complex during
the planning stages. You can't make an omlet without breaking at least a few
eggs.

Dave - Your emphasis is right where it should be, and I will do everything
in my power to ensure that it ends up being done in the manner that you
suggest. I don't know if I would be thrilled to receive a bare "Oscar" tank
as an entry - this is an aquascaping show, not a fish show, so I think that
would be automatically excluded. (And NO, I don't want anyone's opinion on
THAT point <g>.)

When we eventually get around to discussing promotion, the emphasis we all
want placed on aquatic gardens can be CLEARLY stated and we can make sure
that anything which goes out - to clubs around the U.S., Canada, and
elsewhere and the notifications we send out to hobby magazines and place on
the Internet can clearly emphasize our focus on plant tanks. We can also
state clearly the bias that there will be in Judging of the competition
portion of the event. But by allowing for the submission of other
aquascapes, i feel that we will demonstrate that plant people, and the AGA
in particular, are not a group of elitist snobs.

Olga - got it Olga, thanks.

Erik - Regarding Justin's comments...you beat me to to it - I was thinking
_exactly_ the same thing <g>.

Thanks again to each of you,