to clarify

Showcase and Contest:

James wrote to me:
__________________
"This seems, to me, like what I was suggesting several days ago..... the
Showcase is open to ALL aquascapes, but the Contest is open ONLY to aquatic
gardens. Carrying that thru to it's logical conclusion, it implies that you
think that if we ARE going to open it up to every type of aquascape, we
should state up front that the Showcase and the Contest are separate, rather
than "rigging" the Judging of the Contest. We can still provide Judging
guidelines and use a "scorecard" system, but the issue of fairness in
deciding whether or not to include/exclude an entry is settled, once and for
all."

"In MY way of thinking, this would prevent confusion in anybody's mind. Is
this your feeling as well?"
____________________
[Sorry if this was presented earlier and it escaped my comment.]

Yes... I think it is a good idea to separate the two things [Showcase and
Contest]. I think that we should judge planted aquascapes only and showcase
*everything*. I think this should be clear on the entry form. And yes, it
settles the issue of whether to include an entry in the contest.

I believe this to be a fairer option than having everyone enter the contest
and weighting results towards planted tanks. Those with planted tanks who
do not want to enter the contest (for whatever reason) can check the
"Showcase only" box. I hope that I have made myself clear on this point.
How do others feel about this?

Olga
in Vancouver