Comments for the first time

I am quite interested in the discussion of this contest and apologize for
not commenting earlier. I do appreciate the work put into all of this so
far, and the effort that has been volunteered to coordinate this event. I am
fairly new at aquascaping and am excited to enter the contest/showcase. I do
have some quick comments per some of the things being discussed or voted on
recently. I will try to be clear and concise.
First, I would like to see things stay a little more simple and focused. I
know that it may not be easy. I also know that those more directly involved
(James, Erik, etc) are a little more concerned about making decisions based
on what most people would agree with. For example the issue of live plants
or not. I personally wouldn't have a problem with a contest that had that
requirement. Those that thought they had great looking rock
arrangements/plastic plants could organize their own contest. For simplicity
(because I don't think there would be that many plastic plant entries for an
aquascaping contest), I think it is fine to include all entries and make it
clear what will be judged (Effective use of plants, etc.), and make some
suggestions based on what the judges will be looking for.
Second, as to the core values, I agree with them. No comments or changes.
Third, as to the already old common goals II, I agree for the most part with
them. As for point number 1, I like the idea of the contest and showcase and
think that giving people the option to submit to either or both is a good
idea as well. As to number 2, (inclusion), I think that people can submit
what they think is aquascaping with the clear understanding that certain
things (ex. live plants) are highly recommended.

Jason Luebke
Minneapolis