Finally Caught Up!

Hello-

I have been out-of-town since Sunday.  Returning Tuesday night I have had
much to read and digest from this list.  This doesn't even include
attempting to catch up on the numerous APD posts and Wrestling Newsletters I
am subscribed to.

Anyway, many times along the way I wanted to comment but refrained in
thought that my comments may be too late or would have done been covered.
Karen said, "See?  I should have just kept reading and not posting"  and
"I've spent all afternoon, reading and responding to this stuff, only to see
that you figured out the answer by yourselves."  Oh boy Karen, you caught up
in one afternoon, it took me all day and as it is now 3:00 AM, half of
tonight ;).  I too agree that most of the comments and questions that I had
along the way were covered by the time I caught up.

As James suggested, for now I will skip Judging Guidelines, (item "K") and
wait for other venues to be proposed for adaptation.

I will however comment on the Privacy Issue (item "L").  As a college
graduate in Management, the one thing that I have learned and comes to mind
concerning this issue is to "Praise" in "Public" and "Criticize" in
"Private".  Perhaps it will complicate things a little more, but maybe it
would be possible to do just so.  I suggest an attempt at having positive
comments viewable to everyone on the given website, and having any negative
comments sent to the owner of the photographs in private "be it email or
snail mail".  I believe it is important though that only comments that may
be humiliating or embarrasing be sent in private.  If a comment is construed
as constructive criticism then I believe it should be viewable to everyone.
Afterall, part of this showcase/competition is for everyone to be able to
learn from mistakes.  Maybe it is wrong to say that someone would make a
mistake.  Perhaps it is best said that this showcase/competition is in part
meant to help people improve there aquatic gardening skills.  I would like
to believe though that any judges used would be humane and there would not
be embarrasing comments made that would need to be sent seperately to
individuals privately.  It doesn't hurt though to have a plan in place
should this happen.

Mike G.
(where I should be in bed so I can effectively put those Management skills
to use @ work tomorrow!)