Publication Quality

Dave Vanderwall wrote:

>I also have another, unrelated, question for you, Karen (just looking back
>at some older stuff).  Maybe I missed it, but what is a "publication
>quality" photo?  Does it have certain technical specs?  (Shot on certain
>film, a certain size, etc.?)

Most aquarium magazines want to work from 35mm slides, although there is
some flexibility nowadays, if the quality of the photo is comparable. (few
digital images shot with non-pro digital cameras are)  A slide that is
considered "publication quality" is crystal clear when viewed on a light
box using an 8X loupe.

Karen