Leaning this way and that

James writes:

>You want a "country fair" - some of us want an International Aquascaping
>Showcase & Contest, with participation from all over the world. I don't want
>to look at "plants underwater", I want to see examples of beautifully
>aquascaped aquariums.

Olga says:

So do I. However, I find it odd that this is coming out this way. I wanted
only beautifully aquascaped planted aquariums right from the start. Let's
face it, all those Asian and European beautifully aquascapted aquariums are
planted tanks. But we have decided to accept *everything*. So in the spirit
of that I have changed what I thought should be criteria to cater to those
who would be left out or discouraged by our use of "Zenish" terms. [I have
no trouble with Zen concepts and love Amano's work.] I just want to change
the language to be non-threatening to the "Homer" who has an aquarium he is
proud of but that we wouldn't give a second glance. (We are trying to
encourage these... are we not?) I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring
this out because first we lean to being very inclusive and then we lean
towards becoming exclusive to those not in an "art loop". Which way are we
going to go? Perhaps I am the only one confused.?? I'm ready to go with the
flow so which way are we flowing? And where is everyone else on this??

Can nobody see that I don't want to make the criteria "simple" I just want
to have them *sound* simple.

Love your comment Ken! Homer on!!

Olga
in Vancouver