Criteria

Sorry for confusing Jason and Justin in a post I made yesterday morning..

So far, it seems that everyone who has voiced an opinion likes list C.

Version C -

1. Selection and Use of Materials
2. Composition / Balance / Use of Space / Use of Color
3. Viability
4. Overall Impression

Does _anybody_ think that these Criteria need elaboration to make it clear
to the Judges what we feel they should be looking at when they are
evaluating each entrant's images? Or are there any additions to this list
that someone would care to put forward. There are still a number of people
who have yet to venture an opinion on the Criteria.

You will recall no doubt that a while ago I provided a similar list which
had appended to it a list of possible questions. The questions were ment as
suggestions only, and designed to help the judges focus on exactly what
sorts of things we wanted considered under each Criteria. I was made to feel
like a piece of well chewed meat for my choice of tone and words, so I'm not
going there again; it is either these bare Criteria, or someone ELSE is
suggesting what might be needed.

Or, alternatively, we could move to a consideration of the value we wish
placed on each particular criteria. I have already suggested that I think
Karen would have a more realistic view of what that should be than I would,
as she has more experience with contests of this sort. But perhaps the group
would care to make it's opinions known instead or first.

Go for it.