RE: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #149

Karen wrote:
        Just for the record, I never seriously presented "Wow factor" as the
_name_
        of a category.  I was trying to get a specific point across.  I
don't think
        anyone really expected that "wow factor" would be the wording used
in the
        judging criteria.  But it sure got everyone's attention.  There was
no
        argument about what I _meant_!<g>

I agree and since they essentially mean the same thing, it is a matter or
wording.

Karen wrote:
        I'm not sure I'd split the points exactly this way, but I thought we
were
        holding off on that for now?

Sorry, jumping the gun a little.

I think that I would agree with version C. I don't think that I would mind
having a Theme category, but woudn't miss it either. Another possibility is
that it could find possibly into the Composition piece. As far as version C
goes, I would agree with Jose in part and Justin that I think that Use of
Colour, Use of Space, and Balance would be nice subcategories under
Composition.

Justin wrote:
        Um, not to be picky, but I think that was Jason, rather than Justin,
that
        proposed the points stuff.  I'm quite happy to leave it alone for
now.  Nice
        to see, though, that Jasons occasionally get called Justin, 'cause I
get it
        the other way around all the time...:-)
First time for me! =)

Jason Luebke