Re: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #151

-----Original Message-----
From: AGA CONTEST - Digest <owner-aga-contest-digest@thekrib.com>
To: aga-contest-digest@thekrib.com <aga-contest-digest@thekrib.com>
Date: Sunday, August 01, 1999 7:15 AM
Subject: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #151

>AGA CONTEST - Digest      Sunday, August 1 1999      Volume 01 : Number 151
>

>In this issue:
>
>    Re: non-member submission
>    Re: Classes and Divisions
>    Ready to move on???
>    Re: "Weighting" the Criteria
>    weighting...
>    inflation of scores...
>    Re: Inflation of Scores
>    Re: Ready to move on???
>    re: Inflation of scores

>Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 10:30:03 -0500
>From: "James Purchase" <jpurch@interlog.com>
>Subject: Re: non-member submission

James I had been already been subscribed for a little over a week and I had
read the whole archive about the subject of Div. & Classes, but thank you
for resubcribing me maunally.

>I received a message from a non-subscriber to the list who wished to post
>his comments. Unfortunately, my instructions regarding how to join the list
>must have gotten garbled as his message only came to me. I have subscribed
>him manually and am posting his message here manually as well, to save him
>from having to re-type it.

I had read the posting on it,  I personnal hate Plastic Plants, (PP) and my
point was not for PP as this show system is being set (I thought ) for real
live plants displays.  But it is nice to see that it is open to every type
of set-up too.

>If you've read the archives, you will know that we've had much discussion
>over the issue of plastic plants and have decided that if someone wants to
>use plastic plants in their aquascape it isn't our place to say no. This is
>NOT limited to just planted tanks, although a lot of folks hope that we get
>mainly planted tanks as entries. There are a lot of ways to decorate an
>aquarium - we want to showcase them all.
>
>So, please stick around and jump in again when we get to discussing which
>Classes / Divisions we might like to set up.
>

>Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 11:18:44 -0500
>From: "James Purchase" <jpurch@interlog.com>
>Subject: Ready to move on???

One point and question on Criteria:  There is one of the local clubs that
runs an Aquarium Beautiful class in thier shows.  The second year the judges
were at a
challenge in how to judge two tanks under criteria rule.  One of the tanks
had native Florida fish and plants as they would be found in the wilds, two
of the judges were from state agencies that know this and presented to the
rest of the judges (10 total, they took all the judges from all classes and
had them judge AB), The other tank had African Cichlids  with a rockscape
and plants from So. America.  The judges had asked the show committee if Bio
correct systems were covered under Criteria or rules, it wasn't.   The tank
with just three plants from So. American won.  They found a rule to kill the
native tank.  The back glass of the tank couldn't be seen due to the plants
but they killed it due to it wasn't painted Black, but it was painted green.
This rule wasn't written in the rule book but was covered under the FL State
Fair rules for AB show there.
    The point or question would be about Bio correct systems how are they
being covered?
                    JiM C.