Testing the Criteria

As I mentioned yesterday, I have prepared a web-site where we can test out
the Judging Criteria for the Contest portion of this event. My only quandry
at this point is whether to invite/ask specific people to try their hand at
this or just leave it open to everyone. This will hopefully be an
opportunity for us to get a real feeling for how well those Criteria words
we have chosen will work in actual practice, but it will ONLY do this if the
people viewing the site try their hand at Judging and are willing to provide
feedback.

Until I'm convinced otherwise, I'll leave it as an "By Request Only"
situation. We have our Judging Criteria, we have a test site where they may
be tried out. The Criteria really do need to be tested in a "real world"
situation before we can adopt them or adjust them.

If ANYONE wishes to try their hand at participating in this portion of our
discussion, please send me a private e-mail (jpurch@interlog.com) and I will
give you the URL for the site. I will expect everyone who asks for access to
give some feedback to me on how the Criteria worked and to tell me if they
had any problems in applying them to the mock entries. Once I get the
feedback, I'll summarize it and post it for general discussion. I would
prefer that comments about the images and the process not be discussed on
the list during the "test" to avoid any undue influence on the other people
participating in the test.