Critera Testing Results Posted!!!!!!!!

Six people went through the mock judging exercise and sent me their results.
I have placed their Scores and Comments on the Mock Judging website.

I ask that those of you who have the URL check out how the process went.
Lots of food for thought. Its too late now to go into much detail, but a few
things are worth noting.....

First of all, I am not identifying ANY judge by name, nor revealing who's
images were used in the mock contest. I don't want personalities to enter
into this - let's leave it that way.

Entry 006, the composited "paludarium" image, was actually scored by three
of the test judges. Unless I'm mistaken, we had agreed weeks ago that
obviously "faked" entries were out. We shall have to decide if the
organizers pre-screen all entries or who is going to do it - obviously it
might not be wise to leave such things up to judges.

Two judges used a rather unique method to arrive at their scores - one seems
to have weighted most of his marking towards the high end and seems to
consider a 50 as the low end (rather than 0). Another seemed to have come up
with his own marking scheme and it appeared, at least initially that his
scores were extremely low - until I realized that by multiplying each of his
scores by 10, I could arrive at a reasonable idea of what he was trying to
accomplish.

We obviously are going to have to be very specific in the instructions to
the judges as to how we want them to conduct the scoring and discuss the
carry-over of marking schemes from other venues (even those involving
aquariums which the judge can actually walk around). Doing this by
photographs is going to be hard enough without allowing the Judges to color
their marking with methods not in common use by ALL of the Judges.

The comments submitted by the test judges were very good. I think that the
comments are going to be more valuable to people than the numbers.