Re: Adobe PDF

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, James Purchase wrote:

> Erik, regarding the use of Adobe Acrobat (PDF files), do you have it? I have
> an Adobe product called PDF Writer (I think I bought it for around $19.00
> direct from Adobe a few years ago). I've used it, it allows you to print
> from MS Word direct to PDF file, but I doubt that it is as flexible as the
> full blown product.

Once again, Linux to the rescue.  Adobe doesn't own the PDF format, so
there are other programs you can use to create PDF files.  Ghostscript is
one such beast, and it's free!  Take any postscript file... voila! instant
PDF.  So, worst case scenario, whoever creates the brochure may have
to install a postscript printer driver, do a print-to-file and send me the
resultant file.  Best case scenario, they have the PDF distiller and can
do it themselves. :)