Re: I'm baaaacccckkkkk!

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, David VanderWall wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> The budget looks reasonable, except for a few things:
>
> It just doesn't cost $10 to make a CD-R.  I think Erik might have been
> generalizing with that figure way back when and might have been including
> shipping costs, his time, etc.  I just had a bunch of CD-Rs made for work
> and $6 per CD-R was the most I paid, and that included printing and a jewel
> case.  That was at a professional duplicator.  You can get 30-packs of CD-Rs
> at Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, etc. for $30 -- that's a buck a CD plus
> the cost of a jewel case and maybe a shipping container.  Your shipping
> container price is probably already included in the $2 cost per CD for
> shipping, which is also a little high.  (All dollar figures are U.S.)  Then
> again if we will have international judges then your CD shipping cost figure
> is a little low.

Hi.

I was figuring the judges' CDs would be done for cost of mailing. However,
if I am going to go through the trouble of preparing the website, creating
the showcase, digitizing everything, then I am going to make the
distribution of CD's for sale "worth my time" as Karen once said on this
list.  Which means I'll be buying CD-R media for $1 a pop, shipping them
for a couple bucks, plus packaging and potential artwork.  And I will be
making a couple bucks per CD on the deal.