RE: Another "one more thing"..... ribbons and prizes....

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Ken Guin wrote:

> James P. wrote: - The 12 First Place winners are going to get BOTH a ribbon
> and a prize. Is
> this O.K.?
>
> Ken G. write: Yes.

This is pretty common in fish shows (you might substitute "plaque" for
"prize").  The winner gets a blue ribbon and a plaque, or a certificate
and a plaque, while the runners-up get just ribbons or certificates).

> James P. wrote: - I _assume_ that the Best of Show is going to be selected
> by the Judges
> from among the winners of each Class. The winner of Best of Show is
> therefore going to get a ribbon for winning their Class, a Prize for winning
> their Class, a ribbon for winning Best of Show, and a prize for winning Best
> of Show. Is this overkill or just well deserved praise??????
>
> Ken G. writes: Not over kill.

Agreed as well.

> Ken G. writes: I know this might not be up for discussion anymore, but I
> would prefer a certificate or a plaque rather than a ribbon. But, if we have
> all decided on going with ribbons, then I think we should at least have
> different colored ribbons (Blue for first, Red for second, and yellow (or
> whatever) for third place.

I've always seen white for 3rd place.