RE: Another "one more thing"..... ribbons and prizes....

James P. wrote: - The 12 First Place winners are going to get BOTH a ribbon
and a prize. Is
this O.K.?

Ken G. write: Yes.

James P. wrote: - I _assume_ that the Best of Show is going to be selected
by the Judges
from among the winners of each Class. The winner of Best of Show is
therefore going to get a ribbon for winning their Class, a Prize for winning
their Class, a ribbon for winning Best of Show, and a prize for winning Best
of Show. Is this overkill or just well deserved praise??????

Ken G. writes: Not over kill.

James P. writes: I don't anticipate "specialized" ribbons for the various
awards - I am
assuming that we will have one generic ribbon with the AGA logo and the
contest name and year - anything more elaborate or specialized would
probably add to the cost of the ribbons and it's high enough all ready....

Ken G. writes: I know this might not be up for discussion anymore, but I
would prefer a certificate or a plaque rather than a ribbon. But, if we have
all decided on going with ribbons, then I think we should at least have
different colored ribbons (Blue for first, Red for second, and yellow (or
whatever) for third place. Each should have the AGA logo, contest name and
year PLUS something that indicates what prize it is (first, second, third,
etc.).

Ken Guin
Arlington, VA