Re: Plaques, Logos, etc.

Thanks Dave, for contacting the company regarding plaques for possible gifts
to the judges. I don't think at this time we need worry about getting a
"sample" done right now - we don't have any budget for that. I have seen
similar plaques and the printing process used does produce a nice end
result. Personally, I like the larger size... a bit more impressive...

Just wondering what everyone else thinks about this as a possible "gift" for
the judges.

Also, I have heard very little input about the "flat rate" entrance fee of
$5.00 per entry (maximum of 3 entries per person) for both AGA and non-AGA
entrants. What does everyone ELSE think about this???? It would certainly
solve our worries about exceeding our budget... (as well as the AGA MC's
possible worries....)

As for the "logo" - both for use on the plaques and the rosettes, I would
expect that Erik has higher quality artwork available and when the time
comes we can get it. Anything displayed on a web-page is going to be a low
resolution image which wouldn't work well in another media "as is".

On the shipping of rosettes - my suggestion of mailing tubes was just that -
a suggestion. I've never done this before and I just wanted to suggest a
method which would see the rosettes delivered unharmed (the post office can
be ham fisted at times). If Hodges recommends padded envelopes, that's
great - they are certainly cheaper than rigid mailing tubes.

Thank you Erik for giving me some excellent points regarding the benefits to
the AGA of this event.... this will surely find it's way into the final
proposal. Would anyone else care to chime in now with further suggestions???
The more the merrier.... I can always edit things down if necessary.
Actually, this section of the Proposal will be very important - the event
itself and the proposal may be great but if we fail to ignite the interest
of the MC, it 'ain't gonna happen.... and in order to get that interest we
need to point out all of the possible benefits of the event both to the
hobby and to the organization.

(stuck on the computer for another weekend...)