Status

Hi Everyone,

Thanks Erik, for fixing the problem with majordomo.

Let's see.... where are we....

I have contacted Bob Cashin, AGA Chair, regarding a list of MC members
complete with mailing addresses - he has told me that it will take him a few
days to put it together. Once I have it, I'll be printing out a final
"master" and photocopying it in order that each AGA MC member can have
his/her own hardcopy of the Proposal to review. After I mail them out, I'll
probably also e-mail them all and attach an Adobe PDF copy of the final
Proposal as well, in case any of them prefer to work from their computers.
Everyone of you should also expect to receive a copy of the Adobe PDF file
containing the FINAL Proposal.

The Proposal contines to evolve - mainly "polishing" at this point in time.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the Proposal - given another four or
five months, I'm sure I could make it perfect, (groan) but I'm happy with it
as it stands. Hopefully, the AGA MC will agree.

Some encouraging thoughts.... I just received the latest issue of TAG, and
it has two very interesting articles which give me hope.... one, by Steve
Pushak on Aquascaping and Aquarium Photography and another by Roger Miller
on scanning and editing photos. Great precursors to the announcement of a
Contest.

Dave Gomberg has also contacted me and asked if I would like to write an
article for his new magazine about this event - I can't commit until the AGA
MC approves, but hopefully this can be attained in time for his deadline.

Now that the proposal is all but finished, we have a couple of options -

A. Do nothing until the AGA MC gives us the green light. This might be a
"safe" (or at least a "lazy") course of action, but this would probably mean
losing a month of "planning time".

B. Proceed, where we can, with our planning....

Things that still need to be done -

1. Judges -  who are we going to ask......

2. Web-site prep - I know that Erik will be doing the majority of work on
this and we have to accomodate his schedule but there are things the rest of
us can do to help.

Ideally, I would like the web-site to be at least partially up and running
when we announce the event. I think that it should contain background
material on aquascaping, photography and scanning in addition to the rules
and regs for the event.

We have to decide just WHAT is going to be on the event web-site.

Most of that material I can dig out myself - if you refer to the mock
website I have up, there is a section on references - I had found a lot of
material on aquascaping and such stuff. to use most of it, we would have to
contact other sites and ask for permission to give a link to their material
(or would it be better to mirror it on our site so that it could be included
on the CD-ROM????)

If we put reference material on the CD-ROM, together with the pictures, it
might make it a lot more valuable and "saleable". What do people think about
this?

3. Deciding on a closing date - this can't be done until AGA MC approval is
received.

4. Prep of Announcements, etc.... - this can't be done yet either.