Re: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #234 - Marine entries

----- Original Message -----
From: AGA CONTEST - Digest <owner-aga-contest-digest@thekrib.com>
To: <aga-contest-digest@thekrib.com>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2000 06:12
Subject: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #234

> AGA CONTEST - Digest     Friday, January 28 2000     Volume 01 : Number 234
>

> In this issue:
>
>     Re: Cha-cha-changes....

[snip]

> Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 09:16:10 -0600
> From: "Luebke, Jason" <jason.luebke@attws.com>
> Subject: Re: Cha-cha-changes....
>
> I agree with Erik and Jose ...
> I think that the contest should just stick to freshwater planted aquariums
> right now, if only for simplicity. Could we just inlcude a seagrass
> aquascape in the showcase section easily though?
> Another idea I had for judges is Karl Schoeler of Minnesota.
>
> Jason Luebke
> Minneapolis, MN

At present I think we should stay with the proposal as is.  When the next
entry year/planning period arrives we can add a Marine Seascape class in which
at least half of the aquascape is live plants/algae.  In the future we could
add a new class each year as long as it is based on live plants.  Even a rift
lake with a few plants and rocks is still based on plants.  Live plants should
always be the main theme.

Ron Dubbs
Brighton,  TN