Re: aquascape type eligibility

Ron wrote:

>At present I think we should stay with the proposal as is.  When the next
>entry year/planning period arrives we can add a Marine Seascape class in
which
>at least half of the aquascape is live plants/algae.  In the future we
could
>add a new class each year as long as it is based on live plants.  Even a
rift
>lake with a few plants and rocks is still based on plants.  Live plants
should
>always be the main theme.

Please read the Entrance Guidelines again, carefully. The event is OPEN to
aquascapes of ALL KINDS, whether or not live plants are included. The only
restriction we decided to place on entries was that the aquascape be either
fresh or brackish, or that it be a paludarium (which can be either fresh or
brackish). Marine tanks were specifically excluded. This was thrashed out
months ago and the pros and cons can be found in the archives.

The majority of us here are "plant people" - that's a given due to the fact
that we are all subscribers to the APD, and we are asking the AGA to sponsor
this event. But we are NOT limiting it to JUST planted tanks. I'd LOVE to
see some nice Rift Lake aquascapes which may not necessarily have live
plants (other than algae). And I fully expect to see the odd submission
containing plastic plants and bubbling plastic divers - different strokes
for different folks.

Any widening of the scope of the event is going to depend upon people
stepping forward and shouldering some more of the required workload. We can
worry about that next year. For now, it stays as it is.