RE: Copyright Issues

I think the Dave has hit this whole issue right on the head:

> On the other hand, I'm no lawyer, and I can see how this could
> possibly become a huge pain in the neck if we don't get this right.
> Perhaps we should consult a lawyer?

None of us are lawyers and as we will be inviting submission of entries from
countries around the world, all with slightly different rules regarding such
things, pehaps it WOULD be best if a legal opinion was sought, in order to
ensure the complete protection of the AGA and respecting the rights of both
sides on this issue.

However, lawyers cost money and we have no budget for such things. Erik
and/or Karen, does the AGA have any lawyers with experience in Intellectual
Rights issues on it's membership roster? This is an area where I think the
AGA MC should really be the body guiding us and insisting on a specific
wording for the copyright notice.

I don't want to make this complex or intimidating for the entrant, but I
don't want to be sued after the fact either.