RE: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #256

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Luebke, Jason wrote:

> I've also tried out the web site and it looks great! Thanks Erik for all of
> your work on it. Thanks again to James and all of the work that you are
> putting into this event. I really enjoyed the resources page. I think it is
> very thorough. I did put in a sample entry and registered fine. I did not
> find any major errors or anything on any of the pages, but just a few
> thoughts ...
>
> The following is from the Show Entrant page:
>
> "The event has two sections, a Showcase and a Contest.
>        If you do not want to compete in the contest, check here: NO"

Try the new code I added this afternoon.  I removed the checkboxes for all
three cases and changed them to pairs of radio buttons.

> One big thing I noticed and I do not know if it possible to prevent, but
> Erik would know for sure. If people opt to not have their e-mail address
> displayed, then I should not be able to access their entry info. For
> example, I am assuming that I should only be able to view my entry info
> http://test.thekrib.com/?&op=showentry&id=20. If I change the end of the
> address to 19, I can view Karen Randall's entry and edit the entry. I assume
> that this should not be possible.

Thank you thank you!
I did spend some time insuring that the wrong user could not change
data for entrants other than the one associated with their user, but I
never really remembered to set conditionals on VIEWING.  Oops.

The way things stand now, you should not be able to pull entrants,
entries, captions, or images from other entries than your own (or the
sample entries in the case of images).

   - Erik

PS: Thanks to everyone for the helpful feedback.